Children's glasses are fit in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Toys are available for a fun experience.
Our staff is well known for its skill in working with children and young adults -- from infancy to the college bound. We are pleased to say that we are now caring for “our children's” children!
The American Academy of Pediatrics has set up basic guidelines to emphasize the importance of regular eye examinations in infancy and childhood. There are warning signs for:
Infants up to one year of age
- Difficulty making steady eye contact by 2-3 months
- Constant crossing of eyes or one eye that turns in or out (occasional crossing of eyes up to 6 months of age is normal)
- Difficulty tracking or following moving objects
- Misalignment of eye - see ophthalmologist immediately
- Presence of a white pupil - see ophthalmologist immediately
- Sudden development of pain or redness in eye
Children of any age
- Eyes fluttering quickly from side-to-side, or up-and-down
- Watery eyes
- Eyes sensitive to light
- White, grayish-white, or yellow-colored material in pupil
- Constant redness
- Continued pus or crust in eye
- Eyes look crossed
- Child rubs eyes constantly
- Child squints often
- Eyelid droops
- Eyes appear to bulge
Stop in and let us show you how we have been helping your children "See clearly since 1943"
Fill out your email address and we'll keep you in the loop on new frame styles and promotions going on at Moss Opticians.